Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

13 July 2010

Week 2
Mission Log
I was able to breach their security and tap into the system for a brief time. I've recruited some of their men to my side and we've formed an alliance. I've allied myself with nine other Elders that are going to be traveling to Japan. We call ourselves District 27. Four of them are from Los Vegas, one from New Mexico, one from Arizona, two from Utah, and one from Brazil. I don't suspect that any of them have been compromised. However, the Korean Elders all seem fishy. We keep a close watch on them, and make sure to do everything at least a little bit better than they do. I've located secret compartments in Building 18M (the building with my classroom). As I knocked on all of the stone blocks that make up the walls I discovered that some of them are hollow. I have not yet discovered what is hidden inside of them, but I'll look into it.
The language is coming along really well. Everyone in the district comes to me when they have questions or anything. Today one of the Elders wanted to prove that he could fit a quarter in his nose. He got it. But, he wasn't able to get it back out after he got it in. It was the funniest thing in the world. We were all laughing our heads off. Luckily, he got it out before the Korean Elders found out about it. The other day one of the Korean Elders was trying to drink red juice by using chopsticks instead of picking up the glass with his hand. What a stupid idea. He dropped it and some of the red juice got on the white shirt of one of my district member. He turned around and said, "Wow. Thanks. How about you use Sprite next time." Why would anyone use red juice to do that when everybody is wearing white shirts. Only a Korean Elder would do that. We have a big rivalry with them. Also, we call the Spanish speakers Slytherin. Everything is going great here. My district is really nice and friendly. We're taking some pretty awesome matrix pictures. Hopefully they will be posted on this blog later.

On Independence Day, we got special permission from President Smith (the MTC Mission President) to stay up late, because you can see the Stadium of Fire from the MTC. If you don't know what that is, you'll have to look it up. It was pretty cool. We had a really awesome devotional on Sunday. It was by Jenny Oaks Baker. She is Elder Oaks' daughter. Elder Oaks was there too. Anyway, she is like the greatest violinist in the world. She's played with basically every symphony group thing and played in basically every major place. She played like eight songs for us and talked about how the gospel has helped her in her life and how it's helped because a great violinist. She played at Stadium of fire with Carrie Underwood, and her gown caught on fire from a firework that went array. It's really warm here. But, there were lightning storms a couple days ago. It was pretty cool. Getting up at 6:30am really hasn't been that hard for me. I can tell that some people struggle with it, but it's not that bad. I hope you are all having a good time back at home. I like to get letters from people.
I must return to hiding now before they discover my location. I hear them coming for me. Don't tell anyone my real identity, or else the whole mission could be compromised. Don't trust anyone.
-Elder Isaac D. Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment