Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Imabari 14 Aug 2011

Week 59
Mission Log
 
Things are going well here.  There have been random storms blowing through this week.  We got soaked a couple of times.  On Friday there was a big thunderstorm even.  I thought it was pretty cool.  The rainy season ended a while ago.  So, it`s supposed to be sunny and nice now.  I hope this next week gets better. 
 
The transfer calls came today.  Elder Burner and I are both staying in Imabari.  It`s what we expected to happen.  At the meeting for all of the trainers, he told us that we were all going to stay with our new missionary companion for at least two transfers. 
 
There are tons of bats that fly around the city at night.  I was way surprised when I first saw them.  I`m pretty sure that I`d never seen bats in the city before.  Back at home, I think I only saw them in caves or in the woods.  They fly around right outside our apartment at night here.  I suspect that it may actually be a group of vampires that has been trying to hunt me down.  Don`t worry about me though.  I always have my garlic and wooden stake on hand.  I`ll be OK.  The hard part will be having to watch out for my companion and protect him all the time.  It`s just like in all the movies.  They never go for the main guy straight out.  They try to take his weaker friends and allies first. 
 
I just watched a couple of cool videos on lds.org.  Some of the Mormon messages are really good.  Today I especially like "Look Not Behind Thee" and "Watch your Step".  They`re super good.  Look them up.  Tell your friends. 
 
I`m getting out of here now.  I love and miss you all.  Live in the moment and do your best.  The future is as bright as your faith.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment