Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

29 Jan 2012 (30 Jan in Japan) Sennan Japan

Week 82
Mission Log
                                         American  New Year's Celebration with the mission.



Another great week back here.  It is still quite cold.  Even though it gets light earlier in the morning and stays light later into the night than it used to, it doesn't seem to be getting any warmer.  The cold is especially hard because we are outside all the time on foot or riding our bikes around.  Plus, I got tired of wearing a big bulky coat around while I`m trying to work.  So, I just deal with the cold now.  Japanese buildings don`t have central heating.  There is just a little heater that heats up the room it`s in.  We have one in the bedroom and one in the first study room.  The other two missionaries are in that room.  Our study room doesn`t have any heating.  It's not uncommon for me to be able to see my breath during study, and then to get distracted by watching it and playing with it. 
This morning we had the transfer announcement.  I am going to be staying in Sennan and I will be staying with my same companion, Elder Singleton.  The other two missionaries in our apartment will be changing though.  Elder McKellar is going back to Australia.  Elder Stanford is going to Nara to be with Elder Murray.  In their place, Elder Gardner is going to come here and train a new missionary.  I`m really excited to be with Elder Gardner again.  He was my companion back in Uwajima. 
Things are awesome here.  The mission is great.  It`s such a wonder opportunity to learn and grow myself while giving all my time for others.  It`s so easy to see the Lord`s hand in our lives every day out here.   It`s really hard all of the time, but the Lord supports me.  See 2 Nephi 4:20-21. 
The time is flying by so quickly.  My interview with the mission president went pretty well.  It seems like I will be able to register myself online and that the ecclesiastic endorsement will be taken care of.  I see some people with tablets, but it doesn`t seem like a lot.  Everyone has smart phones. 
Thanks everyone for all of the support and encouragement that you give from back home.  I`ll write you again next week.  Love you.  Bye. 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment