Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Monday, February 6, 2012

5 Feb 2012 (6 Feb in Japan) Sennan Japan

Week 83
Mission Log
 
I`m surprised that I kept addressing my emails in the exact same way each week for the past 82 weeks.  I just jokingly wrote that on the first week.  I didn`t know that I would be continuing it for a year and a half.  I might as well just continue it all the way to the end now.  The end of my mission just feels closer and closer all the time.  I don`t feel like an old missionary, or that I`ve been out here very long, but at the same time, it feels like I`m going to be going back home any day now. 
 
That cord you sent me to charge my camera looks like it can plug into USB as well.  So, I`m going to try to send some pictures home each week with the email if I can. 
 
Last preparation day, we went to a giant slide that`s in the mountains south from the church.  It was a lot of fun.  At one point, the slide goes into a big dinosaur`s mouth. 
 
It`s fun being back in an apartment with Elder Gardner again.  He`s fun.  His companion is named Elder Barney.  He is from West Valley, Utah.  He has blond hair.  He is about the same height as Elder Gardner.  He is brand new to the mission field. 
 
Four different less-active members came to church yesterday.  It made me so happy to see them there.  Something I love almost as much as seeing new members get baptized, is when I see a member who hasn`t been to church in a long time finally come back. 
 
I can`t get the pictures to work.  I`ll send pictures back some other time. 
 
Right when we left the apartment to go email today, it began to rain.  The rain got harder and harder.  It`s a good thirty minute bike ride to get to the email place, and I am now soaking wet and freezing cold.  It is a good thing that there is free hot chocolate to drink here.  This week was definitely the coldest week that we`ve had so far.  It snowed a couple of times.  It was painful to ride a bike outside. 
 
Everything is going well here.  The work is wonderful.  I love you and I will write again next week.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment