Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

More from the MTC 24 Aug 2010

Week 8
Mission Log
The native Japanese people that are going to Japan with us got here yesterday. That means it will be hardly any time before we're all leaving to Japan. It's exciting. There will only be two more weekly emails before I leave to Japan.
On Wednesday, some people from Toyota are going to be in Utah to discuss with the church what kind of a deal they can get on all the cars the church buys for missionaries. The Toyota people wanted to check out the MTC though and see what was going on here. My class was recommended as the best one. So, it's the one that they're going to look at. On Wednesday, they'll come in and talk to us. Based on how awesome we are, the church could get a better or worse deal on all the cars that they buy. They really don't want us to mess it up. I'll make sure that Toyota people have a fun time here.
Last week"s TRC went very well. I understood a lot of what they were saying. And, I'm sure that this week's TRC will go even better.
Every week is pretty much the exact same thing. So , I don't have a lot to write this week. Everything is going well. Lots of studying. Always busy. Lots of great people around. I like it here a lot. You can send whatever you want to the newsletter as long as you make me sound really awesome.
I taught the lesson in our weekly district meeting. It was about Humility. Everyone said that I did a really good job. But, that's to be expected. I mean, who could teach humility better than the Great Isaac? There is no one. When it comes to humility (or anything else for that matter) I'm about as good as it gets. They should just have me teach every week. (funny)
Our two normal teachers are back now and they're teaching again. The half hour of emailing time seems really short when I have stuff that I want to say, but it seems really long when I don't really have anything to say. I'm excited for the devotional tonight. We have no idea who is going to speak to us. They never tell us in advance. Most of the staff doesn't even know in advance. It's basically just director Heaton that knows. But, whoever it is, it will be great. It's always very good.
I'm out of time now. So, I have to get going. I will write again next Tuesday. Goodbye.
-Elder Isaac D. Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment