Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

JAPAN 22 May 2011

Week 47
Mission Log
 
I`m doing very well.  My companion is doing well.  The branch is doing well.  The investigators are doing well.  Everything is great.  It has actually started to rain a lot here.  I believe that the rainy season has just started up.  It may rain most every day for the next month.  It`s a good thing that I came from a rainy part of the world and I`m used to it.  It seems like most missionaries can`t stand the rain.  
 
I did see the picture of Scarlett on the bookshelf by clicking the link and it opening a word document, but I couldn't see the three pictures that were just in the email.  I don`t know why they didn't show up.  The one of Scarlett was probably the cutest thing that I've ever seen in my life.  It`s just ridiculous how adorable it is.  That picture could be in a magazine or something.  Doranda is really good at picture taking, I mean photography.  Wow, my English is really bad now.   It`s weird to think about how big Scarlett will be when I finally get to meet her.  My companion wears glasses sometimes, but he does not have anything on his hand. 
 
My apartment is at Japan, Ehime-ken, Uwajima-shi, asahi-machi, 2chome, 3 ban, 1 go, dai 5, tonemaru haitsu.  I think that`s what it is.  I know how to write it in Japanese, but I`m not sure how it would be in English.  However, Google Maps can`t zoom in very far on Uwajima.  It`s too remote of a location.  On the church website, they have a thing powered by Google maps, and I can`t get it go in very far on anything in Uwajima.  Sorry, you probably won`t be able to see my apartment or the church building. 
 
Brother Otsuka was baptized yesterday.  It was great.  On Saturday night he finally got the signature from his father and on Sunday morning at nine o`clock we had the baptismal service.  I had to do it twice because he didn't get all the way in the water the first time.  We had to go the church at six in the morning to fill up the baptismal font.  They just have a large bathtub like thing.  In order to fill it up, we connect a hose to the sink and fill it up with the water from the sink.  Unfortunately, there is no hot water at this building.  So, we got pots and pans and boiled as much water as we could to pour them in the font and hopefully warm it up.  It helped, but it was still pretty cold.  He was confirmed in sacrament meeting and after church he had an interview so he can get the Aaronic Priesthood next week.  He goes to a special school for super smart kids.  He`ll make a great member of the church.  I think he can do a lot of good for the church.  He`s planning on going on a mission. 
 
Tomorrow morning we get the phone calls announcing the transfers.  It seems pretty likely that my companion might transfer.  I hope that I can train a new missionary.  I think that would be awesome.  But, it`s all up to the Lord.  We`ll have to go souvenir shopping for bullfighting statues today.  I`d like to get a bookmark from Uwajima because I collect those now, but there doesn't seem to be any bookmark for sale within a hundred miles.  I think that it`s because nobody reads here.  Perhaps all of Uwajima is illiterate.  It be cool if Jarom got called to Japan and when he came in, I was his trainer. 
 
That`s about all I have to say this week.  I love you all.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment