Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Imabari Japan 19 June 2011

Week 51
Mission Log
 
I can`t believe that I`m twenty now.  It`s so weird.  I`m really old now.  I just don`t understand how this happened.  It doesn't make any sense.  I don`t know where my whole childhood went.  In Japan you become an adult when you turn twenty years old.  It`s nice that people on the street won`t say that I`m a kid anymore.  I didn't really like it when people would tell me I`m not an adult. 
 
I have gotten mail.  I got five things today, but haven`t been able to read them yet.  Two were from Japanese people.  Two were from Mom and Dad`s house.  One was from the mission president and his wife.  They drew a picture of me and it was really good.  I've also gotten birthday mail from Joshua and Rebecca, another Japanese person, and the Owens.  Thank you so much for sending things and helping me to feel loved on my birthday.  We went to a big fancy factory and had a tour of it with a member here for my birthday.  It had nice gardens outside and it looked like an Austrian castle.  It was super nice.  We ate lunch there as well. 
 
We had five investigators in church this Sunday.  I think it got the branch really excited.  It sounded like the previous missionaries haven`t really been bringing a lot of people to church in a long long time. 
 
At English class this last week we talked about families and all drew pictures of our families.  Everyone in my picture was a stick figure drawn with pencil (except the blonde people had a yellow colored pencil for hair).  It was such a good drawing that two of the members asked if they could have photocopies of it.  It was kind of weird. 
 
I love you all.  Talk to you later.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment