Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

25 Sept 2011 (26 Sept in Japan) Imabari

Week 65
Mission Log
 
Hello, everybody.  How are you doing?  I am doing quite well here. 
 
This morning I got a phone call from the mission president announcing the transfers.  Elder Burner will stay in Imabari.  I however, will be leaving to a place called Wakayama.  The zone that I`m in right now is called Matsuyama zone.  Matsuyama zone and Wakayama zone are the farthest places from each other in the whole mission.  It will probably take me a couple of days and a lot of money to get there.  Also, I`m going to be a Zone Leader now.  I've never been a zone leader and Wakayama is the biggest zone in the mission.  It has eleven areas in it.  Each area is one ward or branch and they all have two missionaries in them.  My companion`s name is Elder Burhoe.  I heard that he`s pretty good.  On Wednesday I will begin my long journey out of my beloved Imabari and into the land of Wakayama.  It`s pretty exciting. 
 
This week was pretty good.  We visited one member twice who was in the hospital.  He just got out and was able to come to church on Sunday.  We had a really good lesson with a guy named Watanabe Ryosuke.  We were teaching him about the commandments and he was saying that they seemed pretty hard and he didn't think he could do it, but we committed him to keep them all for one week and promised him that he would see the blessings that come and he would feel the Spirit testify that they are true commandments from God.  It`s been five days now and it seems to be going really well.  We have another investigator who had met with the missionaries back in high school and she`s remembering all of the things that she learned and felt.  And, we`re teaching a referral from a member named Nishida Lisa and she`s already said that she wants to get baptized and she`s just working to prepare herself so that she can.  We have a lot of good investigators here, but I`m sure that we`ll be able to find a lot of good people in Wakayama as well. 
 
We had to cancel our English class this week,  because of two big typhoons that came through, all of the English classes in Japan were canceled.  Normal schools and stuff were canceled as well.  This year has been really bad in Japan for typhoons. 
 
I went on another companion exchange in Niihama.  It was pretty fun.  I`ll let you know what Wakayama is like after I get there.  Talk to you next week.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment