Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

JAPAN 27 Feb 2011

Week 35
Mission Log
 
This week has been good.  The time is getting faster and faster.  I still feel like I`m a brand new missionary, but my mission is already a third of the way over.  It`s crazy. 
 
It`s raining quite a bit here right now.  I had to put my rain suit on to come to the email place.  It`s only rained two or three times this transfer.  The Bishop`s wife said that it will get cold for the next three days, then warm up all the way through Spring.  I hope she`s right.  I like warm a lot better than cold.  It`s not really cold now, though.  The weather`s pretty nice.  It`s just never sunny.  It`s always cloudy. 
 
Tomorrow morning we will get a phone call with the transfer announcement.  Then, on Thursday morning, we will move (if we transfer).  My companion thinks that he is going to get transferred.  I think he`s probably right.  I wonder who my new companion will be.  I wonder if he`ll be Japanese or American.  Statistically, I`ll probably get an American companion, but for some reason I've been getting a lot of Japanese companions.  I want to work with another American. 
 
When we visited a family in the ward, their daughter was the shyest person ever.  It took a while before we could get her to say her name.  Yesterday, she gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  She went up to the podium and she was crying.  It took a while for her to be able to speak, but she recited all thirteen of the Articles of Faith.  There was a big pause between each one and she was crying throughout the whole thing, but she made it through all thirteen without any mistakes.  When she got done, she ran down from the podium and ran into her mom`s arms in the front row.  I was really impressed that she kept going and she did it.  It was inspiring. 
 
We got lost on Thursday night.  We were an hour late getting home and we went way out of our area.  We had to stop at a police station and ask for help.  The policemen didn't know how to get to our apartment because it was so far away.  They found some maps though, and we figured out how to get back.  That was the first time that we got lost.  We still have no idea how we got way out in Uji City (a near by city). 
 
The Big Mac is only two dollars right now.  I might eat a Big Mac for every meal now.  Are they doing the Big American Burgers in America right now?  It`s what they`re doing here.  I think the most recent one was the Miami Burger.  At first I wanted them to do a Washington Burger, but then I thought about it and realized that a Washington burger would just have apples and Salmon on it.  And, that would be disgusting.  I hope they never make a Washington Burger.  Did I already tell you that someone in my ward is from Auburn?  I thought that was the craziest coincidence in the world. 
 
I hope that all is going well at home and that everyone is happy and healthy.  I`ll right to you again next week (unless I transfer to Maizuru.  They don`t have email there.)  I love you all.  Have a good week.  Bye. 
 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment