Kobe!

Kobe!
This is Kobe, Japan.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

9 Oct (10 Oct in Japan) 2011 Wakayama Japan

Week 67
Mission Log
Hey, how`s everything going back home?  Things are going well here.  I like Wakayama.  It`s a really cool area.  The people here speak much differently than they did back in my last area.  All over Japan, people speak differently based on the area they live in.  It`s not just pronunciation either.  It`s completely different words and ways of speaking.  I`d say that the difference between the last area I was in and this one, is a bigger difference than between the United States and England.  It`s like this all over.  Around here, everyone speaks Osaka-ben.  Because it`s so different in different areas of Japan, it takes some getting used to each time you transfer. 
General Conference was really good.  I especially liked all of them.  The Priesthood Session was really good.  I also, really liked Elder Yamashita`s talk because he`s from Japan.  Now that conference is over, that`s the cue that we have to start wearing suit coats all the time.  It`s still pretty hot, but we have to wear our suit jackets whenever we leave the apartment now.  Someone gave me a free suit jacket the other day.  It`s a pretty nice jacket.  It might be my favorite one. 
We got to go to the mission home for zone leader council this week.  It was really cool.  We discussed what to do in the mission this month and things like that.  Then, we came back and taught all of the district leaders in the zone about the new mission training plan.  We also go on companion exchanges a lot in order to teach and train all of the missionaries in the zone.  It`s pretty fun.  I only get to work with my companion for about half of the time.  That`s about all that I have for this week.  I`ll talk to you later.  Bye. 
-Elder Isaac Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment